The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Design Build Go - New Front Grill Fabricated

David Czarnecki

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
3:33 PM
Reaction score
I decided to go with a different off-road lighting scheme with my Grenadier. As a result of going with four LP-6 lights I decided to redo my grill with a little help from some local fabricators. We took out the existing grill and reinforced it with 0.090" aluminum with hex cut outs on with a laser. Came out nicely with flat black and even did the headlight bezels. I really like the look of this with the hex shapes and the A in the center. It is a proof of concept that anything can be laser cut in the grill shape. We evaluated how the grill has to be bracketed to hold onto the stock but heavily modified grill insert. I will be using the Leitner front bar to start out with the four LP-6s. May add our own version of the Roo bar with one of our manufacturing local partners.

grenny nose.jpg

David Czarnecki

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
That's not fair! I like yours way better. :)
Thank you. We have over 20 hours into it and figuring out a way to modify the original grill and make it more robust. I didn't want to use the stock light location and did not care for the chrome.
Cool - it has a bit of a "Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer" vibe going on with the red lambda.
We set that slightly higher and centered as the four Baja Designs LP-6 lights will occupy quite a bit of real estate so stay tuned to see the final result. This grill will be solid background and without the grill lights, the LP-6s will look balanced and be super functional for the area I live. Thanks for commenting.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Well there is another choice for people to consider. Look forward to seeing the final version that goes to market.

Local time
9:33 PM
Reaction score
My OCD was in overdrive as to why the A was not centered in the grill or at least on axis with the centre of the headlights but if there are some spotties being mounted on the bumper it may make it right :)

Local time
Reaction score
It looks like massive perforated sheet without any styling, and because it’s black, everything behind it is easily seen. That’s pretty much it?

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:33 PM
Reaction score
Ignore Captain Nittany Cheesesteak, Dave. It’s a cool proof of concept. Once you put the Leitner bracket in front and a bar, it will probably be better that you kept it clean. One thought - did you look at the Owl hidden light insert? What if the top of your grill had a framed cutout for something like that, you drop the lambda slightly (like an inch), and then the Leitner bracket with Baja’s on the sides? If you NEED additional strength in the grill, you could still incorporate the original “v” bracing behind the face. It would keep your clean design with just a bit of breakup for visual interest and functional capability. Just an idea.

Attachments

• IMG_5469.png
    IMG_5469.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 36
Back
Top Bottom