The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Chess Plates

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:56 PM
Reaction score
As has been mentioned repeatedly here, in the European/United Kingdom market and some others, metal chess plates are prohibited by pedestrian protection regulations, I have always carried them in my previous defenders/series, since the space where they are installed, if they are very vulnerable, being a place where you usually end up resting anything, with the consequent scratching/deterioration of the area, I have been thinking about it for a while and the solution would be to get some chess plates that They were made of suitable plastic material, I have been looking for different options, and the most suitable for the purpose was provided to me by my colleague Deabull (https://www.estreetplastics.com/HMW-Black-Diamond-Plate-s/419.htm) The plates are these:

Captura de pantalla 2024-05-29 a las 21.53.09.jpg

These plates seem ideal for the purpose, perhaps the only drawback is that they are somewhat thick about 6 mm, but a priori I think that once installed they would not look bad and would give consistency to the whole, but everything is up in the air because the company does not It sells outside the US. I have contacted them several times by email but they do not respond to my requirements. Given this, I have tried to find something similar in Europe but I have not been able to. I have seen similar things but the material is not suitable for outdoors. , or it is rubber, or excessively thick/coarse

Publishing it here is to see if anyone knows of an option to get that material or something similar in Europe, or if you are interested, since we cannot use the aluminum ones, you can think of any other ideas about it, come on, I'll wait for your opinions. Greetings Paco

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:56 PM
Reaction score
Paco - How do you plan to mount this material? It is a very interesting option, but I am hesitant to drill my wings for rivets.

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Paco - How do you plan to mount this material? It is a very interesting option, but I am hesitant to drill my wings for rivets.
The material is very light, the idea would be to hold it with high-strength 3M double-sided tape

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:56 AM
Reaction score
As has been mentioned repeatedly here, in the European/United Kingdom market and some others, metal chess plates are prohibited by pedestrian protection regulations, I have always carried them in my previous defenders/series, since the space where they are installed, if they are very vulnerable, being a place where you usually end up resting anything, with the consequent scratching/deterioration of the area, I have been thinking about it for a while and the solution would be to get some chess plates that They were made of suitable plastic material, I have been looking for different options, and the most suitable for the purpose was provided to me by my colleague Deabull (https://www.estreetplastics.com/HMW-Black-Diamond-Plate-s/419.htm) The plates are these:

View attachment 7858416

These plates seem ideal for the purpose, perhaps the only drawback is that they are somewhat thick about 6 mm, but a priori I think that once installed they would not look bad and would give consistency to the whole, but everything is up in the air because the company does not It sells outside the US. I have contacted them several times by email but they do not respond to my requirements. Given this, I have tried to find something similar in Europe but I have not been able to. I have seen similar things but the material is not suitable for outdoors. , or it is rubber, or excessively thick/coarse

Publishing it here is to see if anyone knows of an option to get that material or something similar in Europe, or if you are interested, since we cannot use the aluminum ones, you can think of any other ideas about it, come on, I'll wait for your opinions. Greetings Paco
Hi my friend Paco, I would be happy to order the material for you and ship it over to you for cost. If you would like to consider this now or in the future, just PM me.
DaBull

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7858416

Good idea, but I read that HMW could not glued well. It should be screwed or fixed with rivets.
But I will have a closed look too, to find a source in Europe….I am later in the year on a construction workshop at Henkel, Divison Adhesives… maybe they will have a solution for us

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Hi my friend Paco, I would be happy to order the material for you and ship it over to you for cost. If you would like to consider this now or in the future, just PM me.
DaBull
Thank you very much friend, if in the end I don't find something similar here, I'll tell you something. A hug
Paco

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Good idea, but I read that HMW could not glued well. It should be screwed or fixed with rivets.
But I will have a closed look too, to find a source in Europe….I am later in the year on a construction workshop at Henkel, Divison Adhesives… maybe they will have a solution for us
It would be good to share here, if we make some progress on the subject, the ideal would be to find someone who could custom make it for us, I think there could be many people interested, Regards Paco

Back
Top Bottom