The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Catapult Damage :(

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:26 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know how/if this can be repaired. Due to its location I'm not sure you can access it from the other side to pop the dent out. Any ideas would be welcome. Gutted this has happened.

gren_dent.jpg

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:26 PM
Reaction score
Check with an auto or Paintless Dent Remover shop. They can probably fix this without further damage.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:26 PM
Reaction score

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:26 AM
Reaction score
It's for sure annoying but not catastrophic. If you find a solution, good. Otherwise you could roughen the dent, fill with filler and paint.

Personally, I would wait and see if I can get used to it.
Such "bullet holes" have a special patina......

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:26 PM
Reaction score
Also, I've had a PDR guy (Paint Dent Removal) ask permission to drill a small hole just enough to put in a tool to push the dent that was inaccessible. I gave him the go, and after fixing it, he put in a grommet (then sealant) to cover up the hole which was unnoticeable if you didn't know what it was for.

Last edited:

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It's for sure annoying but not catastrophic. If you find a solution, good. Otherwise you could roughen the dent, fill with filler and paint.

Personally, I would wait and see if I can get used to it. Such "bullet holes" have a special patina......
Bullet hole decals are a great option.

IMG_7328.jpeg

Paddy

GG-7777
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone know how/if this can be repaired. Due to its location I'm not sure you can access it from the other side to pop the dent out. Any ideas would be welcome. Gutted this has happened.

View attachment 7860767
A decent dent removal business should at the very least, make that a lot better. Ask your local agent who they use. Try a Fiat dealer, those things dent in a stiff breeze so they'll probably have someone on speed dial.

I hope this moronic craze doesn't make its way to Hampshire.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There's a bit of a craze here where feral youths spend their time firing tiny ball bearings at property using slingshots/catapults. I found the ball bearing under the car door.
I had this many years ago. Someone used a catapult to smash my side windows on my porker. Annoying. Try glueless dent removal. Find an expert in your area.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I hope you have reported it to the police and posted it on your local FB group.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In my head I’m seeing a trebuchet-style catapult having never associated the word with a slingshot. If some ruffians were running around with siege weaponry it would be visually comical. 🤣

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A decent dent removal business should at the very least, make that a lot better. Ask your local agent who they use. Try a Fiat dealer, those things dent in a stiff breeze so they'll probably have someone on speed dial.

I hope this moronic craze doesn't make its way to Hampshire.
The feral kids are here already - on a street nearby !

BigJock2024

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
There's a bit of a craze here where feral youths spend their time firing tiny ball bearings at property using slingshots/catapults. I found the ball bearing under the car door.
That must be really infuriating. The upside is that the little sh*tbags were obviously aiming for your windscreen and missed that - it would have been undriveable while you waiting on a new one. I think that dent can be filled, smoothed and painted quite easily - won't be visible after that. Good luck.

Paddy

GG-7777
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The feral kids are here already - on a street nearby !
As long as they stick to their lemonade stand....maybe it's worth showing them how the real world works and setting a stand up on our drive, for my kids to run.... 10p a glass cheaper 😂

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I hope you have reported it to the police and posted it on your local FB group.

The FB group I can go with that, but telling the local police !!! 😂

This kind of mindless damage from feral verminous little sh1ts who roam many of the UK streets really infuriates me. I feel for you buddy I really do.

As Skydance has said, the glued PDR method, using a slide hammer may make it look a whole lot better, but I doubt without access to the rear a fantastic job can be achieved.

As someone has said they were clearly aiming for the glass, in some ways at least that could have been replaced more easily to a satisfactory conclusion.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The FB group I can go with that, but telling the local police !!! 😂

This kind of mindless damage from feral verminous little sh1ts who roam many of the UK streets really infuriates me. I feel for you buddy I really do.

As Skydance has said, the glued PDR method, using a slide hammer may make it look a whole lot better, but I doubt without access to the rear a fantastic job can be achieved.

As someone has said they were clearly aiming for the glass, in some ways at least that could have been replaced more easily to a satisfactory conclusion.
Reason to contact the police is that they will have to raise a crime reference number and it will appear on their stats.

Back
Top Bottom