The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Cargo area kitchens- why slide out and not more removable?

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:19 PM
Reaction score
The slide out kitchens are really cool, but is there a reason why they aren’t fully removeable and stand-alone? Most don’t even seem to have legs to help support them? Is there some reason for this? It seems that the same set ups on some kind of ambulance gurnee leg/wheel system would be easier to use? Legs to make the cantilever moment on the other end a lot easier to deal with? Some of those slide out kitchens look like they are almost 6 feet long? Is there some legal reason in some jurisdictions that the kitchen parts have to stay attached to the car?

Seems like that would make taking them out and returning the vehicle to more standard use a lot easier too?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:19 AM
Reaction score
Check out trail kitchen. That's what I yse and will be using in grenadier. I use the compact version. Take it out when you don't need it. It houses my stove, plates and utensils

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:19 PM
Reaction score
Seems like that would make taking them out and returning the vehicle to more standard use a lot easier too?
Most of those systems stay in the vehicle 24/7; and from having slides in previous (and current) vehicles; if it can slide and not have a support under it (or have to be removed to use it), it is much better.

I don't think I know of anyone that actually removes their rear slideout/tray setup for "normal" use and only puts it in for trips

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:19 AM
Reaction score
Check out trail kitchen. That's what I yse and will be using in grenadier. I use the compact version. Take it out when you don't need it. It houses my stove, plates and utensils
This is slick!

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:19 AM
Reaction score
The slide out kitchens are really cool, but is there a reason why they aren’t fully removeable and stand-alone? Most don’t even seem to have legs to help support them? Is there some reason for this? It seems that the same set ups on some kind of ambulance gurnee leg/wheel system would be easier to use? Legs to make the cantilever moment on the other end a lot easier to deal with? Some of those slide out kitchens look like they are almost 6 feet long? Is there some legal reason in some jurisdictions that the kitchen parts have to stay attached to the car?

Check these out for ideas...very popular in Australia...

Back
Top Bottom