The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Car manufacturer recalls

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:44 AM
Reaction score
A few issues with the IG, a new manufacturer of course.
I see that BMW are recalling 1.5m cars for brake issues, Ram models likewise 1.1m with a similar problem and F150 550,000 for a transmission issue.
These companies have been making cars for well over 100 years, so maybe IA is not so bad?

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:44 AM
Reaction score
A few issues with the IG, a new manufacturer of course.
I see that BMW are recalling 1.5m cars for brake issues, Ram models likewise 1.1m with a similar problem and F150 550,000 for a transmission issue.
These companies have been making cars for well over 100 years, so maybe IA is not so bad?
They have really only been on the road for 18 months... but so far, no recall is a good thing.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:44 PM
Reaction score
Even the posh brands have recalls...year after year. IA are, so far , ahead of the pack of niche manufacturers.

ecohen2

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:44 AM
Reaction score
As I always tell people, building something as complicated as a car with that kind of volume is really difficult. Ineos has done an amazing job producing a very high quality first car. I credit them for working with companies that know what they are doing instead of trying to do it all alone. BMW, Magna-Stehr, Recaro, Brembo, Mercedes, etc are all very well established manufactures and know the right thing to do, they just don't always carry through. It appears that INEOS listened and did it the right way...

Local time
3:44 AM
Reaction score
The point here being, at least they are recalling. It's not so much the matter of having issues, but the willingness, and finances to address them that concerns me.

ecohen2

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:44 AM
Reaction score
The point here being, at least they are recalling. It's not so much the matter of having issues, but the willingness, and finances to address them that concerns me.

A recall is for something really bad, INEOS has issued a number of TSBs which are minor things that had been discovered.

For example INEOS has several TSBs related to water leaking.

BMW has a recall for faulty brakes: https://apnews.com/article/bmw-recall-braking-system-continental-15549d94b76930715e673cc11f2d2251#

Ineos has a TSB for Entrance Trims Not Clipping
Ford has a recall for potential loss of drive power: https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/17/business/ford-bronco-recall/index.html

My point is that manufactures only do a recall when something really bad is going to happen with the vehicle. It has nothing to do with the companies finances, it cost the business the same amount of money whether a recall is issued or a TSB, they still have to fix the issue. Trust me having a vehicle recalled is no fun because it slams the dealers performing the work and you are lined up with everyone else, just ask any VW, BMW or Mercedes diesel owner. At least with a TSB you can get it serviced when you want and the vehicle isn't going to kill you or leave you stranded..

Last edited:
Local time
3:44 AM
Reaction score
A recall is for something really bad, INEOS has issued a number of TSBs which are minor things that had been discovered.

For example INEOS has several TSBs related to water leaking.

BMW has a recall for faulty brakes: https://apnews.com/article/bmw-recall-braking-system-continental-15549d94b76930715e673cc11f2d2251#

Ineos has a TSB for Entrance Trims Not Clipping
Ford has a recall for potential loss of drive power: https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/17/business/ford-bronco-recall/index.html

My point is that manufactures only do a recall when something really bad is going to happen with the vehicle. It has nothing to do with the companies finances, it cost the business the same amount of money whether a recall is issued or a TSB, they still have to fix the issue. Trust me having a vehicle recalled is no fun because it slams the dealers performing the work and you are lined up with everyone else, just ask any VW, BMW or Mercedes diesel owner. At least with a TSB you can get it serviced when you want and the vehicle isn't going to kill you or leave you stranded..
Well, I know what a recall is. I know what a tsb is. There is no "standard" for a recall. But many companies will do it before an investigation or lawsuit to avoid the bad press. That, like all for profit dice throws, depends on the money. My point being, just because someone isn't doing it, doesn't mean there aren't issues.

Back
Top Bottom