The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Camping stove recommendation

ForestLass

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:17 AM
Reaction score
Looking for a 2 burner camping stove to use with the family when car camping. Want to use the smaller propane bottle models. I see Coleman and camp chef brands locally . Any suggestions?

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:17 PM
Reaction score
Looking for a 2 burner camping stove to use with the family when car camping. Want to use the smaller propane bottle models. I see Coleman and camp chef brands locally . Any suggestions?
Are you looking for the Grenadier of stoves? If so I would look into Cook Partner. Heavy and overbuilt but they are incredible. I went with a camp chef everest (It does the job but it's very pedestrian) because I couldn't justify the expense at the time but drool over the Cook Partners every time I see one.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:17 PM
Reaction score
I own several stoves and have used even more. Currently, I still use my old Coleman two-burner for more than me trips, and my Jetboil for solo. The Coleman is 25yo and as good as the first year of use. Jetboil now offers a nice new two-burner that I would really like to try, but it's pushing $400.

Local time
Reaction score
I have a bunch of stoves.
Go to is a jet boil.
Second is one of those butane cartridge single burners in a case.
Between the two, the setup is so simple and versatile, all your bases are covered.

Just yesterday, I made lunch on the back of my snowmobile with that setup.
Jetboil produced hot drinks promptly, and single burner produced venison fajita’s for lunch in the snow.

I always travel with a Jet boil and a couple quarts of water. Dry soup, coffee, hot chocolate.
When things are going sideways, you can regroup with warm hands and a hot drink.

Local time
3:17 AM
Reaction score
Primus Tupike is as well worth to consider. We are using it for two years now.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:17 PM
Reaction score
I went with the Camp Chef Everest 2 burner, not the 2x, because I needed a stove no more than 4 inches high (to fit in the stove area of my kitchen slide) and I wanted one with high burner output, because I love Wok cooking and plan to occasionally run a griddle top on there for Smash burgers, etc. This stove comes with two 25k BTU burners (Amazon lists it as 20k, but the box I received says 25k - so they must have upgraded it at some point). I got it for $140, which seemed reasonable to me. The Cook Partner is high quality, no doubt, and you pay dearly for it, but I really don't like the fact they do not disclose (or make it damn hard to find) the BTU rating of their burners on their website. I've seen somewhere they are around 12k to 14k, but I have not seen anything definitive. Also, for what it's worth, Camp Chef no longer lists the Everest 2 burner stove on its website, which tells me it's discontinued. Amazon still has some if it interests you.

marcusnilsson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:17 AM
Reaction score
For reference, 1 kW ≈ 3412 BTU from what I understand.

You could also boost the power with one of these (Swedish site: https://shorturl.at/iuUX0 ) , which allows you to regulate the pressure between 30-120 MBAR. Check with an expert before using on your setup though!

Local time
Reaction score
Too hot is not usually a problem.
Getting a propane burner low enough to not burn everything that hits the griddle is.
That’s a long standing complaint about Jet boils. Hard to throttle them down. They do one thing well all the way to 15000’ ?
I have a grill/griddle unit piped into my camper. Like a Blackstone. The griddle side really needs a smaller burner tube. Gets too hot to be useful.

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We have the Camp Chef two burner and it works great for car camping. Wanted the two burner so I could cook up breakfast on the cast iron skillet and have the other burner open for coffee or something. Keep looking at the iKamper Disco series (admittedly because it just looks cool).

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:17 PM
Reaction score
We use a 4 burner Cook Partner, the Ineos of Camp Stoves. Stupid expensive, but you never have to buy another stove. Colemans are generally better then off brands even if they never latch, and the igniters do not last. Oh, and dump the stupid disposable bottles and get the small re-fillable ones.. thank me later ;)

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We use a Kelly Kettle (aka Ghillie Kettle) for brewing tea. Quick, efficient, and burns whatever you find around you :)
Absolutely LOVE THEM! First saw them used in LR G4 and I think they’re brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom