The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Built a rear cargo shelf.

SQF1

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:42 PM
Reaction score
I have to store everything I need for working in remote locations. I run light because there’s always a fully equipped crew onsite before I arrive. I wanted something cheap, easy to remove, durable. So I built my shelf from two adjustable shower curtain rods that fort into the rear pockets. Then built the shelf out of old decommissioned cellular antenna parts (aluminum back plates) that were dumpster bound. I’m very pleased with results, clothes, tools, climbing harness, helmets all fit in the back. Even had room left over for bicycle mount when not being used.

Attachments

• IMG_7898.jpeg
    IMG_7898.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 151
  • IMG_7899.jpeg
    IMG_7899.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 143
  • IMG_7896.jpeg
    IMG_7896.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 136
  • IMG_7897.jpeg
    IMG_7897.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 139
  • IMG_7901.jpeg
    IMG_7901.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 162

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I have to say for some bits heading for the skip (dumpster), that looks really good buddy. That is exactly something I am looking for and looks like it can be removed in a few minutes as well.

Gets a 👍 from me

SQF1

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks, not sure if I’m going to Rhino line the inside, rubber mat or leave as is. It dawned on me that when I say “remote location” I mean mountain roads in the Northeast US that may be an hour from civilization. That is the standard here which must be amusing to others.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:42 PM
Reaction score
Just put in a locally made shelf, worked out well
That is exactly what I'm looking for, a shelf that works with the OEM half height barrier. Will have to be patient for a euro one or make my own/add to list.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:42 AM
Reaction score
That is exactly what I'm looking for, a shelf that works with the OEM half height barrier. Will have to be patient for a euro one or make my own/add to list.
I did have to modify it by drilling new holes 40mm further toward the back so that it clears the barrier and fittings.

Local time
Reaction score
I have one of the early 5 seat commercials with the half height barrier and put in this one https://www.tailgategear.eu/collections/grenadier-trailmaster?variant=40957578019025, high enough for 2 working cockers to be comfortable underneath (can stand and sit easily), and enough room above to be useful. It sits in a bit from the sides which lets light below and seems very sturdy. No drilling, uses the existing anchor points. Pretty good bit of kit for me. Downside - HMRC want their slice to get it into the country!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have one of the early 5 seat commercials with the half height barrier and put in this one https://www.tailgategear.eu/collections/grenadier-trailmaster?variant=40957578019025, high enough for 2 working cockers to be comfortable underneath (can stand and sit easily), and enough room above to be useful. It sits in a bit from the sides which lets light below and seems very sturdy. No drilling, uses the existing anchor points. Pretty good bit of kit for me. Downside - HMRC want their slice to get it into the country!
Thank you for that link, appreciated. It looks very sturdy indeed. Unfortunately it looks to be set too low down for my purposes. I have a dog crate and also stand things up in the back, (rifles etc) so need a shelf higher up and not the full depth either. The Bison gear and the ATP one look about right but need them to fit with the barrier which is essential for me. The one above from MrMike seems good.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:42 AM
Reaction score
@MrMike where did you find the shelf please? Look like just what I need.

Cheers,
Steve
Look at the thread here. Relevant heading extracted below.

ROOF SHELF (REAR)
  1. GrenX rear roof shelf (they have taken over from @ninetubes, look here. This is the shelf I have installed);
  2. KAON has one under development;
  3. Get Good Gear Roof Shelf is here;
  4. Bison Gear Rear Roof Shelf (based in Poland, sends products worldwide). Installed on AU Spec car here;
  5. APB Trading's rear roof shelf (UK based).

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:42 AM
Reaction score
@MrMike where did you find the shelf please? Look like just what I need.

Cheers,
Steve
From a fellow Grenadier owner here in Western Australia. They are $400. He could send you one if you're interested?

Back
Top Bottom