The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

BFG K02 Tires Pressures Normal and Aired Down

ShootingCar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:33 AM
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I have the standard BFG K02’s that come with the Trialmaster.
What do you all typically run your tires pressure for on the road and aired down for Offroad?

Thanks
Jeff

Local time
4:33 PM
Reaction score
38 road -> 2,6 bar
25 offroad -> 1,7 bar
18 or less (down to 10 in real need) on the beach depending on conditions -> 1,2 / 0,7 bar

25 psi/1,7 bar sounds a little high for offroad unless this means easy tracks, dirt roads or similar.
18 psi / 1,2 bar is my typical offroad pressure

DoubleDoom

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Mine were overinflated by the dealer on delivery. It looks like they were inflated for heavy loads and were going to 42PSI on longer runs, and the car would start to feel unstable on the road (needing constant corrections). I dropped them to 36PSI cold as per the recommendation for normal load and they have been fine since. Thats on the 18 inch.

DoubleDoom

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Meaning after driving a long distance?
Tyre pressures rise when the tyre warms but this is normal. It should not be deflated because of this. Measurement always at ambient temperature.
Correct, they rise when the tyre warms but if they are already high when cold, they will be even higher when warm. Hence why you set your PSI when they are cold. Not after you have driven 100 miles on them and they are warm.

Back
Top Bottom