The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Bedliner in cargo area

GN4HIR

Forum Donor
Local time
10:16 PM
Reaction score
The plastic in the rear of the cargo bed seems to scar easily. Anyone try using spray-on bedliner on the plastic to make it more abrasion resistant?

Thinking about applying it to the wheel well plastic area.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240629_135250_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240629_135250_Gallery.jpg
    454.7 KB · Views: 59

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:16 PM
Reaction score
Had the exact same thoughts but was hoping for someone else to take the lead. It’s like the scratchiest plastic ever.

Local time
Reaction score
I can see a wrap on paint to protect it, as it’s removable, but, Berliner looks like bed liner and it’s not going save value or look good. may as well just let it get scratched if you’re gonna do that.

Doesn’t weathertech have something for this yet?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've just made peace with the scratching of plastic, especially after moving my drawer system in/out a few times over the past few days (both side panels are scratched, both cargo door cards are scratched, etc.

I see it the same way as I see the paint, that too is and will continued to get scratched as it gets used (y)

saltydog188

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Weathertech DOES make a cargo liner -- mine came today. It has cutouts for the utility rail on the cargo floor (with ridges around them to contain any spills). It fits really well, but probably won't help much with the side panels or door cards,

Local time
Reaction score
I've just made peace with the scratching of plastic, especially after moving my drawer system in/out a few times over the past few days (both side panels are scratched, both cargo door cards are scratched, etc.

I see it the same way as I see the paint, that too is and will continued to get scratched as it gets used (y)
Paint was applied to protect the metal, then clear coat was applied to protect the paint that protects the metal, then ceramic coating was applied to protect the clear coat, that protects the paint that protects the metal… to protect all of that you need a bill bar… it all kinda makes buying a beater the sane move.

Local time
10:16 PM
Reaction score
I have the weathertech all around. Agreed it does not protect the plastic. Also the cargo longer doesn't mount to the cargo area. Although it does not seem to move it is also no secured. If you have anything with wheels you will still have issues.

G-Man

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:16 AM
Reaction score
For owners in the UK needing a protective canvas liner for the rear loadspace, you can purchase one from Titan Covers for £99.50 delivered here

Four different colours (grey, black. blue, sand) with additional options to cater for 60/40 rear bench split etc

We've purchased bootliners from this company in the past to protect my wife's car from muddy dogs and although they're nothing fancy they do the job well. The self-adhesive velcro fixings they give you tend to fall off quickly unless the plastics are cleaned to remove any trace of silicon polish.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:16 PM
Reaction score
Matzker make some bedliners, not exactly cheap when sold in Australia (probably sourced from Europe). Look here.

Looks like Matzker comes out of Germany.

Local time
Reaction score
Ordered the WeatherTech back protection today, I have never considered the side ares, but based on these pics, I can’t imagine having them.

Back
Top Bottom