The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Aux battery system

ninster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:56 AM
Reaction score
Hi all , hope you are having fun with your INEOS . I purchase mine with the aux system, when I received it the sales rep said that I didn’t have the aux battery due that I purchased the upgraded entertainment system and the battery could not fit . I am supposed to have all the wiring in place . How can I do a work around to get the power I need ? Can’t see the truck battery to support a campsite .
Thanks

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:56 AM
Reaction score
Hi all , hope you are having fun with your INEOS . I purchase mine with the aux system, when I received it the sales rep said that I didn’t have the aux battery due that I purchased the upgraded entertainment system and the battery could not fit . I am supposed to have all the wiring in place . How can I do a work around to get the power I need ? Can’t see the truck battery to support a campsite .
Thanks
You have the aux switches?

ninster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:56 AM
Reaction score
You have the aux switches?
In the back under the rear seat I have a JBL woofer , I don’t have a thing else in that side . Sale rep stated the power system will work from the main battery . I do not see how . Now wondering what I paid for

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:56 AM
Reaction score
So you paid for all the wiring and switches on the roof. You have all the fuses and what your missing is the aux battery and the Smart pass 120. Even on the grenadiers with dual batteries, all the switches and everything run off the main battery. The Smart pass 120 then trickle charges the main battery from the aux battery. To replicate, you need to buy a battery, Smart pass 120, battery holder, busbars and cables to wire everything up.

archerwolf

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:56 AM
Reaction score
Instead of replicating the factory aux battery setup, I would add a lithium auxiliary battery and join that to the vehicle's electrical system via a DC-DC charger such as a Renogy DCDC-MPPT. This would charge your aux battery when the vehicle is running. Wire all your camp loads like lights, fridge etc to the aux battery only. This way your camp loads will never drain the starter.

The battery will fit under the rear passenger seat, but you may need to buy or make battery holder. You may not be able to fit a large 100Ah battery with the factory subwoofer there, but you should be able to fit at least a 50Ah. There is also space under the rear passenger seat for your DCDC charger and other related wiring.

Back
Top Bottom