The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Are all cell boosters the same?

Local time
3:51 PM
Reaction score
Hi

I know there has been a lot of talk about cell phone boosters and installs. I see weboost is quite popular but doing my research I find a few different companies.

Cell-fi is quite a bit more expensive and deals with all the cell providers but only one at a time (you program which carrier you want and it uses only that but you can change it to any provider)

Sure call is another and I spoke with one distributor and he said this worked better then weboost and he sells both.

Are all these the same just different packaging? Trying to buy once cry once but with all the research it seems they are all the same.

Would love to hear from anyone who has an answer to these questions.

Thanks again

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:51 PM
Reaction score
They are all unique in some way or another (not all the same with different packaging); even the different generations of WeBoosts have different internals (primarily with the strength of signal boosting).

I've never heard of Cell-Fi, but if it is programmed to only work on one company's towers, that seems a bit cumbersome unless you never travel with anyone else. It also seems like an unnecessary step of complication.

I've heard of SureCall, but can't say I know anyone that uses it.

I think WeBoost is somewhat like Midland radios in the GMRS world. Sure, plenty of others make radios, but nearly everyone uses the Midland because it is just so simple to pick one and it just works

Back
Top Bottom