The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Against better judgement...

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:38 PM
Reaction score
Decided to go on a trail ride. A bit of rough trail ride. A few years ago I had to abandon an attemp trying to cross this trail because my engine was overheating. Today I was going to conquer the trail!

Roughly from Eastern side of lake Tahoe, past Washoe lake and up over the mountain and down to Virginia City. All in Nevada.

Got to enjoy lots of rocks, snow up on altitude (7500 ft) and rocks. Lots of rocks...

Don't have rock sliders yet, dinged up my side steps despite trying to be careful. Rocks are rough here..

Landed on a rock that poked a hole through my mud flap... And my jerry can on my side molle has a nice dent in it... 😐😊

But the car performed like it's supposed to. Handled the terrain just perfectly. Good time was had by all!

Could not take pics at the gnarliest sections. But it was all good.
1000003554.jpg

1000003557.jpg
1000003558.jpg

Last edited:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:38 PM
Reaction score
Rocks are rough here..
Sounds like a great trip as you might have thought about doing it since the day your former car quit working on it.
Please be careful on other tracks as well as rocks might be rough there as well 😀

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was more worried about getting hung up on a rock on the undercarriage than on the side steps. I didn't have my transmission/engine/gas tank protection from rival on yet. That was truly on my mind...

A bit of battle damage is okay. I had a machete and cut down the worst brush so I wouldn't get Nevada pinstripes along the sides. Probably 6-7 places below the tree line that needed some machete work.. first time I've done that, but then again it's the first time I've taken a really nice car on those trails...

Oh, and I got a dusting of snow above 7,000ft. Glorious!

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm pleased to note Sunday after getting home and giving the car a wash that my water tank and the Jerry cans got some pinstripes but no scratches on my Grenadiers paint.

a53a5208-e3f8-4e3b-b79b-e0d5c7c1a94f-1_all_20989.jpg

Back
Top Bottom