The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

About to buy

Local time
2:22 AM
Reaction score
Spending a bit of time on here reading the various issues and problems some owners have had with what seems like a lot of niggles for the Grenadier, am feeling somewhat cynical about any used vehicles with relatively low use. I understand forums can tend to have more problems because this is where people might seek help/advice but there are a lot of members and not that many Grenadiers so I’m beginning to feel like I might end up buying a problematic vehicle that I don’t have time to be doing 2 hour round trips to a dealer.

When enquiring with various dealers I’m surprised the number of identical responses “the customer just changed it for a newer model” which seems odd when they’re so new and unused.

I find it hard to believe a year old car finds itself back on a forecourt with barely any use because the owner wanted another one with a price premium rather than it’s been back and forth that much they’ve called it quits? or is that being too cynical?

Last edited:

ecohen2

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:22 PM
Reaction score
I wouldn't hesitate to buy but would prefer a later VIN number.

I have a couple of theories and will not pretend that they are true outside of my local market.

1. I have run into a couple of owners who ordered a Grenadier that is taking a long time to produce, so they bought one to have until their unit is complete. I believe mine was a special order but the person just held onto the one they purchased off the lot.

2. As with any new vehicle being manufactured, the earlier ones being produced probably have more inconsistencies during manufacturing. It doesn't mean they are bad, it just means a small number will have an issue from the factory.

3. I do believe many people pre ordered the Grenadier expecting it to be something else and they probably did trade it in for a Range Rover or G-Wagon. There were also a number of people that thought they could flip it and make money that are part of the low mileage vehicles for sale.

4. Personally I think Ineos Automotive has done an amazing job bringing this vehicle to market compared to other manufactures. To the best of my knowledge the vast majority of issues are small annoying things that are either being corrected by the dealer or became changes in the manufacturing. It is ridiculously solid and well thought out.

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:22 PM
Reaction score
Don’t over think this, just buy the model with the specs you want. It is a great vehicle, fun to drive, and super interesting in terms of driving and super unique. Don’t read anything into models with a few miles on them. You will love it as I do!
My Ineos is fantastic and I have a lot of cars I simply have no desire to drive anymore.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:22 PM
Reaction score
Don’t over think this, just buy the model with the specs you want. It is a great vehicle, fun to drive, and super interesting in terms of driving and super unique. Don’t read anything into models with a few miles on them. You will love it as I do!
My Ineos is fantastic and I have a lot of cars I simply have no desire to drive anymore.
Ditto
DaBull

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:22 PM
Reaction score
I ordered mine but it hasn't been built yet. I got tired of waiting and bought one that was an order someone backed out of. I still have not cancelled my order, I may end up buying it too. Haven't decided yet.

Back
Top Bottom