The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

900 Mile long weekend trip...

ecohen2

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:48 PM
Reaction score
I just got back from two long round trips with a wide variety of driving. The first trip was down to a wild animal refuge located outside of Springfield Colorado. It consisted of a short stretch on the interstate and then a couple hours of two lane highway. Getting to the Refuge and driving around was about four hours of dirt roads, gravel, sand, hills etc . Outside temperatures were 90F plus for almost the entire trip with 40mph winds. Absolutely no issues whatsoever, but I did learn a couple of things:

1. If you are using an iPhone that is charging and struggling to keep a cellphone connection it will overheat and you lose connection to CarPlay. Its not the Grenadier, just unplug the phone, let it cool and the problem never happens again.

2. Under almost any condition, if the traction light flickers the cruise control cuts off. On both days we had a very strong crosswind and if the Grenadier went over some ripples in the road while getting blown sideways this would occur. The easiest way to reproduce this is to go around a turn at above 40 mph and hit some ripples in the road.

After two days of the animal refuge I took a trip up to Vail Colorado which consisted of almost all highway driving at 65 mph+... The only thing unusual was a buzzing sensation in the steering wheel and a buzz road noise between 68 and 75mph. I am going to drop the tire pressure down to 36 PSI and see if it changes anything. Right now I am 42 PSI all around.

Overall I am super happy with how the Grenadier handled the trip. Time to give it a good rinse and once over before the next adventure...

Below is a Yak that wanted me off of his lawn and a photo of the smooth section of the road.

Attachments

• tempImageqvWDR3.jpg
    tempImageqvWDR3.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7596.jpeg
    IMG_7596.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 16

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:48 AM
Reaction score
I would consider 36 PSI mandatory, unless you are carrying some significant loads.

Back
Top Bottom