The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

10amp garage door opener

scotchjeff

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:12 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to hardwire a garage door opener to one of the available 10amp switches? I know there are two available..one by the driver feet and one by the passenger. I really want a hard wire button...not really a myq workaround. I don't want to ask Siri ..or press a button on car play.....just a real switch.

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:12 AM
Reaction score
I have the Meross installed in my home, for the grenadier. Press the mic button on the steering wheel, “open the garage door”… works like a charm.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to hardwire a garage door opener to one of the available 10amp switches? I know there are two available..one by the driver feet and one by the passenger. I really want a hard wire button...not really a myq workaround. I don't want to ask Siri ..or press a button on car play.....just a real switch.
You'd need to either find an opener that is powered by 12v (most that use a coin battery are ~3.0v); or theoretically you could find a step down converter to drop the 12v to 3v, and then modify your current opener to always hold the button down and be powered when you flip the switch.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I got a small remote And velcroed it to the ceiling. It blends in quite well. Even got one for a friend.

scotchjeff

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:12 PM
Reaction score
I actually have a sliding gate...not a garage door. The Meross requires a sensor that would not be possible with my current sliding gate set up. I want to so something like ANAND suggested...just looking for someone who has done it.

Back
Top Bottom